I work night shift (11pm-7am) and still trying to figure out how to have proper meals while I am at work. I tend to drink 1 shake then eat a whole meal but still need a quick easy thing to eat before my shift is over. I found this recipe by one of my favorite fitness model and I find it to be surprisingly good!
The recipe goes like this:
Chocolate Protein BarsChocolate Protein Bars.Ingredients:
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 8oz Berry flavored Baby Food
- 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
- 4oz WaterDirections:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oat flower, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, Berry flavored Baby Food,Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares, serving size=2 bars.
Originally posted at: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-chocolate-protein-bars.htm
I changed it a bit with my personal flavor and did the following:
- Replaced 1c Oat Flour with 3/4c Oat Flour + 1/4 Soy Flour
- Replaced 2 Scoops Vanilla Whey protein Powder with 4 scoops
With those changes it made the protein bars have the following:
Next time I try this recipe again I will try to put more soy flour instead of oat flour, just because soy has more protein than oat. Also will try to add some nuts in it too like walnuts.
Overall it was tasty and yummy but it was more like eating a cake than a protein bar that you may find at a store. I do think some walnuts will make it better 😀