I used to take a premade post-workout supplement until it got too costly and found out I can make my own at a fraction of the cost. Learned about this post-workout shake at the Stronglifts website titled: Quick, Easy & Effective Post Workout Shakes.
I didn’t change much to it but I guess I may as well post what and how exactly I do it my way.
What do I use?
- Blender Bottle Shaker Cup (Any shaker cup will do but I find the Blender Shaker Cup is the best!)
- 1 Serving Quick 1-minute Oats
- 1 Serving Whey Protein Powder
- 5 g Creatine
- 1-2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 8-10 oz Cold Water
- ~6 Ice Cubes
How do I prepare it?
First I prep the Blender Bottle then I prep a small container that will hold my Protein Powder and Creatine.
- Put Oats first with the water. (Make sure the wire ball that comes with the Blender Bottle is at the bottom if you have a Blender Bottle.)
- Put the peanut butter on top of the mix.
- Add the ice cubes on top then secure the bottle and place in your gym bag.
Your not suppose to let Creatine just sit in the solution too long so I tend to put that and the whey in a separate container.
- Put Creatine in a separate small container.
- Put Whey Protein Powder in the same container.
- Secure then place in gym bag.
How do you use it?
Once you are done with your workout this is what you need to do.
- Put Whey/Creatine mix in Blender Bottle.
- Shake until everything is mixed well.