6/7/10: Day 1 Restart PT I
9/25/11: +20 Weeks (Last Day of Stronglifts 5×5
|Body Fat %||27.1%||20%||19.2%|
* Think I measured the initial Forearm stat and it should probably be 10-10.5″ for Day 1.
|Lift||6/7/10||5/9/11||9/25/11||Personal Record||Poundage Achieved
(PR – Day 1)
** Weights are all in lbs.
Included are the stats and pics when I restarted Stronglifts the 1st time around then when I came back after a 13 week break and the last day.
You can see a significant difference each time and I am VERY happy with the results.This past few weeks I have started to try to bulk to 200 lbs and why I probably have gained some inches and body fat in parts that I have shedded. No big deal as in the next few months I NEED to be on a calorie excess diet in order to bulk and try to get to 200 lbs while doing Mad Cow. I will also try to do GOMAD (Gallon of milk a day) for a few weeks to help with bulking.For the amount of time I have done Stronglifts I was hoping to achieve heavier weights. But then I got sick and had some other issues happen (Life happens) but the progress I have accumulated I find to be amazing!
I am sure if I have done some things differently I would have made a much better progress with the program.What I would have done different?
- Eat massive amount of food! (I was in a carb cycling diet during most of the program and while it help cut the fat it slowed down my progress)
- Foam Roll and Mobility Exercises Pre-workout! (I didn’t start doing these until a few weeks/months after starting the program. These are a MUST for me now and do them religiously Pre-workout and as often as I can on off-days!)
- Film your lifts! (I didn’t start filming my lifts until after a few weeks/months since I started the program! Wish I did as it helped me with my form much faster than without.)
- Sleep More! (I work crazy hours and also have a wife, son and 2 dogs. Life does not allow me to get as much sleep as I can but I try to when I can)
- Build your home gym! (I do not have space in my apartment for one but life would be so much better if I have one.)
Really excited to try Mad Cow 5×5 and see what progress I can get from it.