I have tried my best to be as healthy and fit as possible. Unfortunately I am the only one in my home that want to take this lifestyle with me. But I am hoping that I can lead by example and everyone else will follow my lead … in time.
I have tried a few different types of diets in the past few years. I had great success doing a carb/calorie cycling type of diet while doing Stronglifts 5×5 last year.
For some time I have read about this somewhat new diet called Paleo or Caveman or Hunter Gatherer diet. Been practically ignoring for some time but I keep stumbling upon it in my search for knowledge on how to improve my well-being.
So after much prodding around, I was convinced by a fellow Marine (Steve Weick) to check out the Paleo Diet and by Rob Wolf’s book called “The Paleo Solution“. I have not finished the book at this time but much of the things I read in it kinda makes sense from the information I have stumbled upon outside the book. I have also stumbled upon Mark Sisson‘s “Primal Blueprint“, which looks very similar to the Paleo diet. I also stumbled upon a nice “Paleo How to” guide on Gnolls.org and can be found here: http://www.gnolls.org/1141/eat-like-a-predator-not-like-prey-paleo-in-six-easy-steps-a-motivational-guide/
So I started to do the Paleo/Primal diet 2 weeks ago. The first 3 days sucked and I felt VERY tired and sluggish, most likely from the drastic lost of carbs in my diet. On the fourth day I felt normal enough again and continue to do so up to today!
I plan to continue this adventure on Paleo/Primal for the next few months until I have to do my annual physical and get my blood work with my doctor (who is VERY against me doing a paleo diet and wants to get my blood work ASAP!) around August/September of this year. So that is about 3-4 months away to let my body adapt to this new diet and see the results. I would consider the results of my blood work the last judge if this diet is fact or fad. (I am not new to being an experiment, I did join the USMC after all … )
So for now I am actually enjoying this adventure so far. I have cooked some of the best meals I have had in a long time … and they are all made by me!
In a few months we will see if this is will be something I will continue to do or a bad recommendation from a fellow Marine, yes I am looking at you Steve Weick!
- The Paleo Diet (mytopweightloss.wordpress.com)
- Paleo Diet for Athletes (sleepeatgymrepeat.com)
- Chris Kresser ” Beyond Paleo: Moving from a “paleo diet” to a “paleo templ ate” (momgonepaleo.com)
- The Prudent Pantry: Can You Save Money on the Paleo Diet? (savings.com)
- Paleo Diet Food – What to Eat on the Paleo Diet (fitnesstipsforlife.com)
- Paleo Diet ebook (fitnesstipsforlife.com)
- Was the Caveman Diet Healthier than Our Own? (theflyingfugu.com)
- Should You Limit Carbs on the Paleo Diet? (fitnesstipsforlife.com)
- The Paleo Diet Simplified (Free Kindle Download) (hip2save.com)
- What is the Paleo Diet? (fitnesstipsforlife.com)