I have followed Jim Wendler’s articles since I stumbled upon strength training a few years ago. He has much knowledge that I find useful and a wicked sense of humor.
I just would like to highlight some lessons that I find great in this article.
- When someone that is better than you gives you advice, listen. Don’t ask questions.
- Lift to get strong, jump to be fast – don’t do anything unnecessary.
- Control the things you have control over; don’t worry about the rest.
- You have to earn the right to be mentored.
- Your goals and your life are your own; true freedom is not allowing others to make them for you.
If you have not read the article then you may not understand the lessons. So take a couple of minutes and read it!
This article makes so much sense to me and hits home in so many levels. It may make sense to some and to those that don’t … oh well.